ADMINISTRATION OF THE GOVERNMENT (Chapters 1 through 182)
EXECUTIVE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS OF THE COMMONWEALTH
EMPLOYEE-OWNERSHIP REVOLVING LOAN FUND
Multi-purpose service centers
Section 28. The director with advice from the displaced homemaker advisory council shall provide for the establishment of not less than five multi-purpose service centers, designed to meet the demographic and geographic needs of the displaced homemaker population. These multi-purpose service centers shall provide services including but not limited to:
(1) job counseling services specifically designated for a person seeking employment after a number of years as a homemaker and shall operate to counsel displaced homemakers with respect to appropriate job opportunities including crises intervention, peer support, life skills training such as confidence building, problem solving and decision making;
(2) job training referrals, career counseling, job placement services developed by working with government agencies and private employers; training and placement programs for jobs in the public and private sectors; assistance to displaced homemakers in gaining admission to existing public and private job training programs and opportunities;
(3) prevocational training and educational services including outreach and information about such other programs which are determined to be of interest and benefit to such displaced homemakers by the advisory council;
(4) outreach and information services with respect to government employment, education, health, legal and unemployment assistance programs which the advisory council determines would be of interest and benefit to such displaced homemakers;
(5) a clearinghouse providing resource libraries including films and books; area program planning; in-service training for center staff and directories of existing counseling, educational and job training programs.
Supervisory, technical and administrative positions relating to multi-purpose service centers established under this act shall, to the extent feasible, be filled by such displaced homemakers.