SECTION 1. Chapter 112 of the General Laws is hereby amended by adding the following section:-
Section 24B1/4. Administration of Adult Immunizations
A registered pharmacist may dispense by administration immunizations to persons 18 years of age or older provided that:
(a) Such registered pharmacist is authorized to dispense controlled substances in accordance with chapter 112;
(b) Such administration is conducted pursuant to the order of a practitioner; and
(c) Such activity is conducted in accordance with guidelines adopted by the Department which shall include, but not be limited to, requirements for:
1. training accredited by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education or a similar health authority or professional body; and
2. pre-administration education and screening;
3. vaccine storage and handling;
4. administration of medication, including administration of controlled substances as necessary for the management of medical emergencies;
5. record keeping; and
6. reporting of adverse events.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The General Court provides this information as a public service and while we endeavor to keep the data accurate and current to the best of our ability, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.