Amendment #18 to H.3920

Demolition and removal of vacant buildings on the UMass Lowell West Campus to improve public safety

Representatives Golden of Lowell, Atkins of Concord, Arciero of Westford and Nangle of Lowell move that the bill be amended in section 2, in item 1102-2009, by inserting in line 34, after the word “courthouse”, the following:-



“and provided further, that $1,600,000 shall be expended for the demolition and removal of the Richardson Building, the Upham Building, and the Gould Building located on the West Campus of the University of Massachusetts Lowell at 255 Princeton Street in Chelmsford for the purpose of improving public safety on the property and the abutting residential neighborhood.”