Amendment #3 to S.1806
An Act Relative to Job Search Exemptions
Mr. Heroux of Attleboro move that the bill be amended Chapter 118 of the General Laws is hereby amended by adding the following section:-
Section 19. Personal hardship exemptions shall be permitted to the job search requirement.
1. Currently homeless
2. Personal disability
3. Unable to travel for a job search or job interview
4. Caring for a family member with a disability
5. Parent of guardian of a child not yet attending elementary school
6. A woman in her third trimester of pregnancy
7. Past the age of retirement or too young to legally work
8. Recently experienced a fire, flood, or other natural or human-caused disaster that caused substantial damage to the applicant's property.