SECTION 1. Section 10 of Chapter 183A of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2012 Official Edition, is hereby amended by inserting after subsection (n) the following subsections:-
(o) All unit owners shall be given reasonable notice of all regularly scheduled open meetings of the organization of unit owners;
(p) All meetings of the organization of unit owners, including meetings of the board of directors or other governing body shall be open to all unit owners and/or any person designated by a member in writing as the members representative and all members or designated representatives so desiring shall be permitted to attend and speak at an appropriate time during the deliberations and proceedings.
(q) A meeting of the board of directors or other governing body of the organization of unit owners or a committee of the organization of unit owners may be held in closed session only for the following purposes:
(1) Discussion of matters pertaining to reputation, character, physical condition or mental health rather than the professional competence of an employee and personnel;
(2) Protection of the privacy or reputation of individuals in matters not related to the organization of unit owners business;
(3) Consultation with legal counsel;
(4) Consultation with staff personnel, consultants, attorneys, or other persons in connection with pending or potential litigation;
(5) Investigative proceedings concerning possible or actual criminal misconduct;
(6) Consideration of the terms or conditions of a business transaction in the negotiation stage if the disclosure could adversely affect the economic interests of the organization of unit owners;
(7) Compliance with a specific constitutional, statutory, or judicially imposed requirement protecting particular proceedings or matters from public disclosure
(r) If a meeting is held in closed session under paragraph (q) of this section: An action may not be taken and a matter may not be discussed if it is not permitted by paragraph (q) of this section; and A statement of the time, place, and purpose of a closed meeting, the record of the vote of each board or committee member by which the meeting was closed, the authority under this section for closing a meeting, and the outcome, shall be included in the minutes of the next meeting of the board of directors or the committee of the organization of unit owners.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The General Court provides this information as a public service and while we endeavor to keep the data accurate and current to the best of our ability, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.