Chapter 112 of the General Laws is hereby amended by striking out section 223 and inserting in place thereof the following section:-
Section 223. The board shall establish the requirements for licensure as an associate home inspector and shall promulgate rules and regulations as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this section; provided, however that the board shall not require any work with or oversight by a supervisor without specifically assigning a licensed home inspector to serve as such supervisor; and provided further, that the board shall waive any requirement which is not satisfied as a result of an assigned supervisor’s failure to act as such. Said board shall license as an associate an applicant who has shown to the satisfaction of the board that the applicant:
(1) is of good moral character;
(2) has successfully completed high school or its equivalent;
(3) has successfully completed a board-approved training program;
(4) has passed a written or electronic competency examination offered or approved by the board; and
(5) has paid the appropriate fee, which shall be set by the secretary of administration and finance.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The General Court provides this information as a public service and while we endeavor to keep the data accurate and current to the best of our ability, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.