SECTION 1. Notwithstanding any provisions of General Laws Chapter 85, Section 2, or any other general or special law to the contrary, the Pittsfield City Council is hereby authorized to prohibit heavy commercial vehicles from entering upon or onto Hancock Road. Said prohibition shall not apply to the following:
1. Heavy commercial vehicles going to or from premises situated on a street or portion thereof named or referred to in this
section, from or to which vehicular access cannot be had by means of a public way, except by use of such street or portion
2. heavy commercial vehicles belonging to the City of Pittsfield or operated by or in connection with City departments; or such
vehicles belonging to or operated by public service corporations, public utility corporations, or private corporations in
performance of contractual service to the City or in connection with work required to be done on such street or portions
3. and police or fire department vehicles, ambulances, or other emergency vehicles;
4. and vehicles engaged in collecting or distributing United States mail;
5. and heavy commercial vehicles owned or operated by the federal government or instrumentality thereof, or vehicles engage in the interstate commerce, so far as the City does not have the legal right to regulate or control the operation of such vehicles, or to exclude them from the use of such street or portion thereof.
SECTION 2. This act shall take effect upon its passage.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The General Court provides this information as a public service and while we endeavor to keep the data accurate and current to the best of our ability, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.