Section 3 of Chapter 200A of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby stricken and replaced by the following :-
Section 3. Any deposit of property with a person having a residence or place of business in the commonwealth, or authorized to do business therein, together with the increments thereon, shall be presumed abandoned unless the owner has, within three years next preceding the date as of which reports are required by section seven:—
(1) Communicated in writing with the person concerning the deposit; or
(2) Been credited with interest on a passbook or certificate of deposit at his request; or
(3) Had any transfer, disposition of interest or other transaction noted of record in the books or records of the person; or
(4) Increased or decreased the amount of deposit; or
(5) Electronically logged in or accessed a password protected account; or
(6) Owned other property for which clause (1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) is applicable; or
(7) Had another relationship with the holder concerning which the owner has:
(i) communicated in writing with the holder, or
(ii) otherwise indicated an interest as evidenced by a memorandum on file prepared by an employee of the holder; provided, however, that if the holder communicates in writing with the owner with regard to the property that would otherwise be presumed abandoned under this section at the address at which communications regarding the other relationship regularly are received.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The General Court provides this information as a public service and while we endeavor to keep the data accurate and current to the best of our ability, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.