SECTION 1: Chapter 25 of the General Laws is hereby amended by adding the following section:-
Section 23. Municipal access to energy consumption data
Section 23. (a) Upon written request to the department from a municipal official, the utilities regulated by the department shall make available the following data:
(1) Aggregate annual energy consumption data by municipality for each of the residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal sectors in that municipality for up to 5 prior years;
(2) Anonymized annual energy consumption data by household at the zip code level for up to 5 prior years;
(3) Anonymized annual energy consumption data by household at the census tract level for up to 5 prior years;
(4) Daily 15-minute peak demand data for commercial and municipal buildings for up to 1 prior year; and
(5) Aggregate daily 15-minute peak demand data for the residential sector for up to 1 prior year.
(b) The utility shall acknowledge the written request for data within 5 working days, and respond with the requested data within 21 working days. The department shall define special measures for expedited data delivery to municipalities as well as avenues for recourse if the data is not delivered within the parameters established herein.
(c) The department may promulgate rules and regulations, as necessary, for the implementation of this section.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The General Court provides this information as a public service and while we endeavor to keep the data accurate and current to the best of our ability, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.