SECTION 1. Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary, the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority shall develop and promulgate regulations to permit the placement, maintenance and operation of kiosks for the promotion of tourism to regions of the Commonwealth in the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, the MassMutual Center in Springfield, and at North and South Stations. Said regulations shall limit the number of such kiosks to no more than one per county of the Commonwealth, and shall contain provisions including, but not limited to, the following:
1) A process by which applications for kiosk space are received from regional tourism and hospitality organizations and analyzed, approved or rejected;
2) Any relevant dimensional requirements and/or limitations on the dimensions of kiosks permitted pursuant to this section;
3) Any necessary maintenance requirements for such kiosks;
4) Any necessary regulations governing the appearance of such kiosks;
5) A prohibition on the authority or the Commonwealth bearing any cost for the placement, maintenance, or operation of such kiosks; and
6) Any relevant requirements for the staffing of such kiosks so as to comport with the operational standards of the facilities in which they are placed, provided that nothing herein shall be construed to require that individuals staffing such kiosks be compensated or be subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The General Court provides this information as a public service and while we endeavor to keep the data accurate and current to the best of our ability, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.