SECTION 1. Chapter 176O, is hereby amended by striking out section 19 and inserting in place thereof the following section:-
Section 19. Display of information on enrollment cards of carrier
(a) A carrier shall state prominently on the front or back of its enrollment cards the following:
(1) The statement “This health plan is fully-insured, subject to all Massachusetts insurance laws.”
(2) The name of the carrier, and the name of the insured’s specific health plan, including any numbers or other information necessary to identify the insured’s plan.
(3) A toll-free telephone number for the member services department of the carrier.
(4) The name and toll-free telephone number of the member services department of any third party that administers behavioral health, prescription drug, or other benefits.
(5) The amount of any copayment under the plan for preventive care visits, office visits, emergency department visits and prescription drugs.
(6) Whether the plan has a deductible, and the amount of any deductible under the plan.
(7) Any other information required by commissioner of insurance.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The General Court provides this information as a public service and while we endeavor to keep the data accurate and current to the best of our ability, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.