SECTION 1. The department of environmental protection shall revise the regulations governing the rideshare program, 310 CMR 7.16, to achieve the following:
(1) significantly expand the rideshare program by redefining affected facilities to include more employers with less than 1000 employees;
(2) provide exemptions for employers who are members of transportation management associations;
(3) require transportation management associations to submit reports for affected facilities that are members of the associations;
(4) permit transportation management associations to submit consolidated reports for employers within their geographic service area;
(5) permit employers and transportation management associations with drive-alone rates under 75% to submit required reports every two years;
SECTION 2. The Department of Environmental Protection shall consolidate reports on the ridesharing program and release to the public, at a minimum, the following information:
(1) the statewide drive-alone rate
(2) the percentage of affected facilities that have drive-alone rates below 75%
SECTION 3. The department shall issue the revised regulations no later than 180 days after the effective date of this act.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The General Court provides this information as a public service and while we endeavor to keep the data accurate and current to the best of our ability, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.