Amendment #13 to H3977
Mr. Tucker of Salem move to amend the bill by adding the following new section:
(a) Prior to the allowance of sports wagering in the commonwealth, in order to provide robust protections for all patrons engaged in sports wagering, the commission shall promulgate responsible gaming regulations to:
(1) Prohibit persons under the age of 21 from participating in sports wagering.
(2) Prohibit the use of credit cards in placing sports wagers in any manner including in person, via website, or via online application.
(3) Govern compulsive and problem gambling.
(4) Ensure that operators and data suppliers, where appropriate, implement annual comprehensive employee trainings developed by an unaffiliated third party on responsible gambling, including but not limited to, patron protection and responsible gambling interventions.
(5) Ensure that operators offer a voluntary program for patrons to self-exclude from wagering for a set period of time and report self-excluded patrons to the commission, who will provide excluded patrons with information about available help and prevention services.
(6) Ensure that licensees allow patrons to set a variety of limits that are clearly signposted when a patron joins an online site. Limitations include, but are not limited to: (i) Setting daily, weekly or monthly limits on the size of deposits; (ii) Setting a system-wide or product-based limit on the amount of time or money spent; (iii) Ability to block themselves from particular games or game types; and (iv) Setting time-out limits.
(7) Prevent underaged, unregistered, unauthorized or excluded patrons from accessing as sports wagering account.
(8) Ensure sports wagering operators employ reasonable methods to comply with (1) through (8), inclusive.
Additional co-sponsor(s) added to Amendment #13 to H3977
Michelle M. DuBois
Tram T. Nguyen
Steven C. Owens
Lindsay N. Sabadosa
Michelle L. Ciccolo
Natalie M. Higgins
Tami L. Gouveia