EXECUTIVE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS OF THE COMMONWEALTH
DEPARTMENT OF THE STATE SECRETARY
Acts, resolves and constitutional amendments; publication
Section 4A. The state secretary shall, at the close of each regular session of the general court, collate and cause to be printed in a single volume the following:
(1) All acts and resolves passed at such session.
(2) All amendments to the constitution referred at such session to the next general court and all such amendments acted upon at such session and to be submitted to the people at the next state election.
(3) All acts and resolves passed at any special session of the general court, except a general revision of the statutes, and not theretofore published in any preceding annual volume.
(4) In the volume of the year immediately following a state election, all constitutional amendments and proposed laws approved by the people at said election.
(5) A statement in bold type at the conclusion of each law as printed, or in a postscript at the end of the volume with a suitable reference to each law, as to which a petition asking for a referendum has been filed prior to the publication of the volume, with a sufficient number of signatures to procure its submission to the people, together with a recital of the pertinent provisions of Article XLVIII of the Amendments to the Constitution.
(6) In the volume of the year immediately following a state election, a statement showing what constitutional amendments, proposed laws and laws were submitted to the people at said election, with the aggregate vote on each such measure, both affirmative and negative, arranged in such detail as the state secretary may determine.
(7) A table of changes in the general statutes and an index, to be prepared as provided in section 51 of chapter 3; provided, however, the state secretary may, in the secretary's discretion, cause the table of changes to be printed in a separate volume and not in the single volume.
The state secretary shall cause up to 10,000 copies of said volume to be printed each year and shall, immediately after their publication, distribute such copies as the secretary determines.