ADMINISTRATION OF THE GOVERNMENT (Chapters 1 through 182)
Statement of warning and notice; posting; form; acknowledgment by customer
Section 209. A tanning facility shall give each customer a written statement of warning and shall post a notice in a conspicuous place in every area in which a tanning device is used. Said statement or notice shall be at least eight and one-half inches wide by eleven inches long and printed in white on a red background. Said statement and notice shall contain the following information in substantially the following form:
DANGER: ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION.
1. Follow instructions.
2. Avoid too frequent or lengthy exposure. As with natural sunlight, exposure to a sunlamp may cause eye and skin injury and allergic reaction. Repeated exposure may cause chronic damage characterized by wrinkling, dryness, fragility, bruising of the skin and skin cancer.
3. Wear protective eyewear. FAILURE TO USE PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR MAY RESULT IN SEVERE BURNS OR LONG TERM INJURY TO THE EYES.
4. Ultraviolet radiation from sunlamps aggravates the effects of sun. Do not sunbathe before or after exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
5. Abnormal or increased skin sensitivity or burning may be caused by certain foods, cosmetics or medications, including but not limited to, tranquilizers, diuretics, antibiotics, high blood pressure medication, birth control pills and skin creams. Consult a physician before using a sunlamp if you are taking medication, have a history of skin problems, or believe you are especially sensitive to sunlight. Pregnant women or women on birth control pills who use a tanning device may develop discolored skin.
6. IF YOU DO NOT TAN IN THE SUN YOU WILL NOT TAN FROM USE OF THIS DEVICE. Use of a tanning device does not provide substantial protective base against the effects of the sun.
Each time a person uses a tanning facility, or each time a person executes or renews a contract to use a tanning facility such person shall sign a written statement acknowledging that such person has read and understood such warning.