ADMINISTRATION OF THE GOVERNMENT (Chapters 1 through 182)
Surrender of charter upon conversion
Section 9.54. SURRENDER OF CHARTER UPON CONVERSION
(a) Whenever a domestic business corporation has adopted and approved, in the manner required by this subdivision, a plan of entity conversion providing for the corporation to be converted to a foreign other entity, articles of charter surrender shall be executed on behalf of the corporation by any officer or other duly authorized representative. The articles of charter surrender shall set forth:
(1) the name of the corporation;
(2) a statement that the articles of charter surrender are being filed in connection with the conversion of the corporation to a foreign other entity;
(3) a statement that the conversion was duly approved by the shareholders and, if voting by any separate voting group was required, by each such separate voting group, in the manner required by this chapter and the articles of organization;
(4) the jurisdiction under the laws of which the surviving entity will be organized;
(5) if the surviving entity will be a nonfiling entity, the address of its executive office immediately after the conversion.
(b) The articles of charter surrender shall be delivered by the corporation to the secretary of state for filing. The articles of charter surrender shall take effect on the effective time provided in section 1.23.