General Laws

Section 2-201. Bases for jurisdiction over nonresident. In a proceeding to establish, enforce, or modify a support order or to determine parentage, a tribunal of the commonwealth may exercise personal jurisdiction over a nonresident individual or the individual's guardian or conservator pursuant to the provisions of chapter two hundred and twenty-three A or under this section. Personal jurisdiction may be exercised under this chapter if:

(1) the individual is personally served with a notice within the commonwealth;

(2) the individual submits to the jurisdiction of the commonwealth by consent, by entering a general appearance, or by filing a responsive document having the effect of waiving any contest to personal jurisdiction;

(3) the individual resided with the child in the commonwealth;

(4) the individual resided in the commonwealth and provided prenatal expenses or support for the child;

(5) the child resides in the commonwealth as a result of the acts or directives of the individual;

(6) the individual engaged in sexual intercourse in the commonwealth and the child may have been conceived by that act of intercourse;

(7) the individual asserted parentage under the provisions of chapter forty-six or chapter two hundred and nine C; or

(8) there is any other basis consistent with the constitutions of the commonwealth and the United States for the exercise of personal jurisdiction.