Section 3-301. Proceedings under this chapter.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, this article applies to all proceedings under this chapter.
(b) This chapter provides for the following proceedings:
(1) establishment of an order for spousal support or child support pursuant to Article 4;
(2) enforcement of a support order and income-withholding order of another state without registration pursuant to Article 5;
(3) registration of an order for spousal support or child support of another state for enforcement pursuant to Article 6;
(4) modification of an order for child support or spousal support issued by a tribunal of the commonwealth pursuant to Article 2, Part 2;
(5) registration of an order for child support of another state for modification pursuant to Article 6;
(6) determination of parentage pursuant to Article 7; and
(7) assertion of jurisdiction over nonresidents pursuant to Article 2, Part 1.
(c) An individual petitioner or a support enforcement agency may commence a proceeding authorized under this chapter by filing a petition in an initiating tribunal for forwarding to a responding tribunal or by filing a petition or a comparable pleading directly in a tribunal of another state which has or can obtain personal jurisdiction over the respondent.