Section 3-307. Duties of support enforcement agency.
(a) A support enforcement agency of the commonwealth, upon request, shall provide services to a petitioner in a proceeding under this chapter.
(b) A support enforcement agency that is providing services to the petitioner as appropriate shall:
(1) take all steps necessary to enable an appropriate tribunal in the commonwealth or another state to obtain jurisdiction over the respondent;
(2) request an appropriate tribunal to set a date, time, and place for a hearing;
(3) make a reasonable effort to obtain all relevant information, including information as to income and property of the parties;
(4) within five days, exclusive of Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays, after receipt of a written notice from an initiating, responding, or registering tribunal, send a copy of the notice by first class mail, or by facsimile or other electronic transmission to the petitioner;
(5) within five days, exclusive of Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays, after receipt of a written communication from the respondent or the respondent's attorney, send a copy of the communication by first class mail, or by facsimile or other electronic transmission to the petitioner; and
(6) notify the petitioner if jurisdiction over the respondent cannot be obtained.
(c) This chapter does not create or negate a relationship of attorney and client or other fiduciary relationship between a support enforcement agency or the attorney for the agency and the individual being assisted by an agency.