Section 4-401. Petition to establish support order.
(a) If a support order entitled to recognition under this chapter has not been issued, a responding tribunal of the commonwealth may issue a support order if:
(1) the individual seeking the order resides in another state; or
(2) the support enforcement agency seeking the order is located in another state.
(b) The tribunal may issue a temporary child support order if:
(1) the respondent has signed a verified statement acknowledging parentage;
(2) the respondent has been determined by or pursuant to law to be the parent; or
(3) there is other clear and convincing evidence that the respondent is the child's parent.
(c) Upon finding, after notice and opportunity to be heard, that an obligor owes a duty of support, the tribunal shall issue a support order directed to the obligor and may issue other orders pursuant to Section 3-305 (Duties and Powers of Responding Tribunal).