Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives
in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same,
SECTION 1. The Andover Firemen's Relief Association, a corporation duly established by law, shall have the following additional purposes:-
(1) To provide to its members any benefit which may be provided by a fraternal benefit society incorporated under chapter one hundred and seventy-six of the General Laws.
(2) To provide in its by-laws for payments for the relief of a member or the spouse or children of a deceased member suffering from extraordinary hardship. Such payments will not exceed fifty percent of the death benefit then in force during any twelve month period, and will be subject to further restrictions as provided in such by-laws.
(3) To educate and inform the community on public safety issues and the role of members in the public safety services of the town of Andover.
(4) To promote and encourage social welfare within said town of Andover.
(5) To honor and memorialize the service of active, separated and deceased members of the public safety services.
(6) To improve the amenities available during public safety duty performance to members of the association who are active members of the Andover fire department; and to all association members during association duty performance.
SECTION 2. In addition to the investments permitted to fraternal benefit societies pursuant to chapter one hundred and seventy-six of the General Laws, the Andover Firemen's Relief Association may invest its funds in:-
(1) Any security included in the list of investments under section fifteen A of chapter one hundred and sixty-seven of the General Laws.
(2) Any security or contract in which the funds of retirement systems of counties, cities or towns, may be invested pursuant to section twenty-three of chapter thirty-two of the General Laws.
SECTION 3. The Andover Firemen's Relief Association may provide for indemnification of directors, officers, employees and other agents and persons who serve at its request to the extent specified in by-laws adopted for that purpose by the members of the association.
SECTION 4. The Andover Firemen's Relief Association may provide for the payment of any part or all of the benefits payable to its members by contracting with one or more insurance companies qualified to provide policies of the appropriate nature in the commonwealth.
SECTION 5. The Andover Firemen's Relief Association shall be subject to section forty-nine of chapter one hundred and seventy-six of the General Laws.