AN ACT AUTHORIZING THE TOWN OF AYER TO CONVEY CERTAIN LAND.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same as follows:
SECTION 1. The historical commission of the town of Ayer may transfer care, custody and control of a certain parcel of historic preservation land formerly used as the Pleasant Street school to the board of selectmen of the town. The board of selectmen may convey the land with improvements thereon to the Ayer Housing Authority. This parcel of land is more particularly described in deeds from: John G. Park, et al, to the town of Ayer, dated May 16, 1893, and recorded in the southern district registry of deeds in Middlesex county, in book 2200, page 510; Mary G. Paine to the town of Ayer, dated May 7, 1906, and recorded in that registry in book 3229, page 526; and Levi W. Phelps to the town of Ayer, dated April 30, 1906, and recorded in that registry in book 3229, page 533.
The conveyance of the land shall be subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. the premises shall be subject to a recorded preservation restriction on the exterior envelope of the building, in perpetuity, approved by the Massachusetts historical commission;
2. the premises shall be restricted to the development of senior housing units, which may include ancillary facilities such as a community room or other room or rooms to be used for public or community purposes, of which 100 per cent shall be subject to a perpetual affordable housing restrictions acceptable to the board of selectmen and approved by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
SECTION 2. This act shall take effect upon its passage.