AN ACT PROVIDING FOR THE LEASE AND REFURBISHMENT OF THE BATHING BEACH BATHHOUSE IN THE TOWN OF HINGHAM.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same as follows:
The town of Hingham may authorize the trustees of the bathing beach to enter into a lease of the bathing beach bathhouse for a term of not more than 30 years for the purpose of refurbishing the bathhouse and opening a snack stand to increase the public enjoyment of the area and the adjacent waterfront. The bathhouse is situated on a portion of a parcel of land located between Otis street and Hingham harbor in the town of Hingham, as shown as lot 51 on assessors’ map 50, acquired by the town by deed of Louis C. Cornish to the Hingham Village Improvement Society, Incorporated, dated November 21, 1916 and registered in the Plymouth district registry of deeds as document number 936, to hold, manage and improve, as a park, bathing beach or playground for the benefit of the people of Hingham. The parcel is held in trust by the trustees of the bathing beach under chapter 75 of the acts of 1934, as successor to the Hingham Village Improvement Society which was dissolved by chapter 148 of the acts of 1933.