AN ACT RELATIVE TO CERTAIN PARCELS OF LAND IN THE CITY OF REVERE.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same as follows:
SECTION 1. Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary, the mayor, with the approval of the city council, of the city of Revere, may take all action necessary or convenient to transfer to the care, custody and control of the Revere school department for school purposes, including use as the site of the new Staff Sergeant James J. Hill elementary school, the land currently used for conservation and recreational purposes and more commonly known as Hill park, and described as follows:
Beginning at the southerly corner of the parcel on the northerly side of Park Avenue; thence,
N 69°49’03” W along the northerly sideline of Park Avenue, a distance of four hundred seventy-three and twenty-seven hundredths feet (473.27) to a point; thence,
N 19°49’34” E a distance of three hundred nineteen and twenty-one hundredths feet (319.21) to a point; thence,
S 59°00’27” E a distance of five hundred sixty-two and twelve hundredths feet (562.12) to a point; thence,
S 39°57’47” W a distance of two hundred twenty-seven and nineteen hundredths feet (227.19) to the point of beginning.
Said parcel containing an area of 3.1820 acres more or less.
SECTION 2. Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary, the transfer authorized in section 1 shall be conditioned on the city of Revere acquiring a certain parcel of land commonly known as St. Mary’s, which is located off Washington street, consisting of approximately 4.5632 acres, including 2 fields used for baseball and softball, for purposes of conservation and recreation.
SECTION 3. The order of the city council adopted on March 11, 2013 approving the transfer of land described in section 1 is hereby ratified, validated and confirmed in all respects.
SECTION 4. This act shall take effect upon its passage.