The Speaker's office is located within a suite of rooms connected to the House Chamber, designed by Charles Brigham and completed around 1895. As in all other major spaces of the extension, Brigham's cohesive design for the offices and reception rooms was reflected in his specifications for plaster and painted ornamentation, decorative wallpaper, paneling and built-ins. The richly patterned rooms, lit by new electric chandeliers, reflected the American Renaissance Revival focus on the integration of materials and fine craftsmanship. Of particular note are the classical motifs that appear in the raised plaster ceiling decorations and delicate carving of the dark mahogany throughout the suite. All rooms would have been completed with green, blue, ochre and gold to harmonize with the color schemes of the Brigham extension.