Section 10B: Filing fees
Section 10B. Except when a fee is required by another provision of law, and except in the case of a filing by the commonwealth or any of its political subdivisions, the department shall charge and collect fees as determined annually by the commissioner of administration under the provision of section three B of chapter seven in the following instances:
1. For filing a tariff having intrastate application only, schedule or amendment thereto, or a contract filed under section seven of chapter one hundred and fifty-nine B, and for filing an application for a permit for special service, under section eleven A of chapter one hundred and fifty-nine A.
2. For filing each annual report or any contract, other than one required to be filed under section seven of chapter one hundred and fifty-nine B, required by law to be filed with the department, and for filing an appeal to the commission from a ruling or decision of the director of the transportation division, under section twelve F of this chapter.
3. For filing each application for a certificate of public convenience and necessity under chapter one hundred and fifty-nine A, for the issuance of a license for charter service under chapter one hundred and fifty-nine A, or for exemption from a zoning ordinance.
4. For filing each application by any public utility for approval of the issue of stocks, bonds, notes or other evidences of indebtedness according to the amount thereof, as follows:
For each additional $10,000 or fraction thereof
5. For any other approval or authority of the department.
The department shall designate one of its employees to receive all fees collected under this section who shall give bond to the state treasurer in the sum of ten thousand dollars.