Skip to Content
The 191st General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Section 52: Issuance of bonds in exchange for bearer instruments

Section 52. A county, city, town or district, or any domestic corporation, which shall have issued any bond, note or certificate of indebtedness payable to bearer, held by the sinking fund commissioners of any city, town or district, shall, at the request of such commissioners, issue in exchange therefor a bond, note or certificate of the same effect, payable to such commissioners by name; provided, that the city, town or district desiring such exchange shall, if requested, furnish the blank form for the bond, note or certificate therefor in the same general form as that furnished by the commonwealth under section thirty-nine of chapter twenty-nine.