Section 4A-105. (a) In this Article, unless the context otherwise requires, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Authorized account'', a deposit account of a customer in a bank designated by such customer as a source of payment of payment orders issued by such customer to the bank. If a customer does not so designate an account, any account of such customer is an authorized account if payment of a payment order from that account is not inconsistent with a restriction on the use of such account.
(2) "Bank'', a person engaged in the business of banking and shall include a savings bank, savings and loan association, credit union, or trust company. A branch or separate office of a bank is a separate bank for purposes of this Article.
(3) "Customer'', a person, including a bank, having an account with a bank or from whom a bank has agreed to receive payment orders.
(4) "Funds transfer business day'', the part of a day during which a receiving bank is open for the receipt, processing, and transmittal of payment orders and cancellations and amendments of payment orders.
(5) "Funds transfer system'', a wire transfer network, automated clearing house, or other communication system of a clearing house or other association of banks through which a payment order of a bank may be transmitted to the bank to which the order is addressed.
(6) "Good faith'', honesty in fact and the observance of reasonable commercial standards of fair dealing.
[ Paragraph (7) of subsection (a) effective until July 1, 2013. For text effective July 1, 2013, see below.]
(7) "Prove'', with respect to a fact means to meet the "burden of establishing'' a fact as provided in paragraph (8) of section 1-201.
[ Paragraph (7) of subsection (a) as amended by 2013, 30, Sec. 40 effective July 1, 2013 applicable as provided by 2013, 30, Sec. 116. For text effective until July 1, 2013, see above.]
(7) "Prove'', with respect to a fact means to meet the "burden of establishing'' a fact as provided in paragraph (8) of subsection (b) of section 1-201.
(b) Other definitions applying to this Article and the sections in which they appear are:
Acceptance Section 4A-209
Beneficiary Section 4A-103
Beneficiary's bank Section 4A-103
Executed Section 4A-301
Execution date Section 4A-301
Funds transfer Section 4A-104
Funds transfer system rule Section 4A-501
Intermediary bank Section 4A-104
Originator Section 4A-104
Originator's bank Section 4A-104
Payment by beneficiary's bank to beneficiary Section 4A-405
Payment by originator to beneficiary Section 4A-406
Payment by sender to receiving bank Section 4A-403
Payment date Section 4A-401
Payment order Section 4A-103
Receiving bank Section 4A-103
Security procedure Section 4A-201
Sender Section 4A-103
(c) The following definitions in Article 4 shall apply to this Article:
Clearing house Section 4-104
Item Section 4-104
Suspends payments Section 4-104
(d) In addition, Article 1 contains general definitions and principles of construction and interpretation applicable throughout this Article.