Section 6A: Other service not included in ''employment''
Section 6A. The term ''employment'' shall not include service performed by an individual in the employ of the commonwealth or any of its instrumentalities or any political subdivision thereof or any of its instrumentalities or any instrumentality of any of the foregoing and one or more states or political subdivisions or Indian tribes if such individual performed such services as:
(1) an elected official; or
(2) a member of, a legislative body; or
(3) a member of the judiciary; or
(4) a member of the National Guard or Air National Guard; or
(5) an employee serving on a temporary basis in case of fire, storm, snow, earthquake, flood, or similar emergency;
(6) an employee serving in a position which, under or pursuant to the laws of the commonwealth or tribal law, is appointed to either a nontenured policymaker or advisor, or in a policymaking or advisory position the performance of the duties of which ordinarily does not require more than eight hours per week; or
(7) an election official or election workers if the amount of remuneration received by the individual during the calendar year for services as an election official or election worker is less than $1,000.