Skip to Content
The 190th General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Section 150: Obstruction of view by standing wood; petition for removal; payment for damages

Section 150. If the view of a railroad crossing or highway at grade is obstructed by standing wood in woodlands, the railroad corporation or ten citizens of a town may petition the county commissioners for the county where such crossing is situated for the removal of such standing wood; and the commissioners, after notice and a hearing, shall make such orders as to such removal as the public safety demands. They shall also prescribe the limits within which such standing wood shall be taken, and shall determine the damage sustained. Such damage and the expense incident thereto may be recovered from the railroad corporation under chapter seventy-nine.