Welcome to the new malegislature.gov! Please take a moment to let us know what you think.
Skip to Content
The 189th General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Section 69: Allowance or reserve for loan losses

Section 69. A credit union shall maintain an allowance for loan losses or reserve for loan losses calculated according to generally accepted accounting principles or as otherwise directed by the commissioner. For the purposes of this chapter, any reference to the term ''loan reserve'' shall mean the allowance for loan losses or the reserve calculated under this section.

Should the reserves maintained in this section and section seventy exceed the amount necessary to be kept or maintained in those accounts, the credit union may transfer such excess into an undivided earnings account.