General Laws

Section 34. If it is necessary to give notice in two towns of the intention of marriage of a minor, the clerk or registrar who first takes the consent of the parent or guardian shall take it in duplicate, retaining one copy and delivering the other duly attested by him to the person obtaining the certificate, to be given to the clerk or registrar issuing the second certificate; and no fee shall be charged for such consent or copy.