Skip to Content
The 192nd General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Section 97: Appeal to superior court

Section 97. Unless a written waiver of the right of appeal has been filed by all the parties, a party aggrieved by the judgment of a district court in a civil action may appeal therefrom to the superior court within 6 days after the entry thereof. In that case no execution shall be issued on the judgment appealed from. The case shall be entered in the superior court pursuant to section 101 and shall there be tried and determined as if originally entered therein. This section shall not apply to civil actions for money damages and to summary process actions brought in the district court and Boston municipal court departments pursuant to section 19 of chapter 218 and chapter 239.