General Laws

Section 11. If the ownership of any share appears to be in dispute or uncertain, the court may, in its discretion, without determination of such question, order the partition to proceed by setting off the remaining shares, or by sale. The land not set off, or the proceeds of the share in dispute or uncertain, may be left for the parties entitled thereto in a further partition or distribution in such manner and upon such proceedings as the court may order. The interlocutory decree shall not preclude the parties sharing in the partition from any share to which they may be entitled in a subsequent partition or distribution.