General Laws

Section 61. Whoever, having been discharged under section one hundred and forty of chapter one hundred and twenty-seven, is afterward convicted of any offence mentioned in section fifty-three committed after the former conviction, either in the same or a different county, may be sentenced to hard labor in the house of correction for not more than one year.