Section 9.21. ACTION ON A PLAN OF DOMESTICATION
In the case of a domestication of a domestic business corporation in a foreign jurisdiction:
(1) The plan of domestication shall be adopted by the board of directors.
(2) After adopting the plan of domestication the board of directors shall submit the plan to the shareholders for their approval.
(3) The board of directors may condition its submission of the plan of domestication to the shareholders on any basis.
(4) If the approval of the shareholders is to be given at a meeting, the corporation shall notify each shareholder, whether or not entitled to vote, of the meeting of shareholders at which the plan of domestication is to be submitted for approval. The notice shall state that the purpose, or one of the purposes, of the meeting is to consider the plan and shall contain or be accompanied by a copy or summary of the plan. The notice shall include or be accompanied by a copy or a summary of the articles of organization as they will be in effect immediately after the domestication.
(5) Unless (1) a greater percentage vote, or one or more additional separate voting groups, is required by the articles of organization, pursuant to subsection (a) of section 7.27, by the bylaws, pursuant to section 10.21, or by the board of directors, acting pursuant to paragraph (3), or (2) the articles provide for a lesser percentage vote, in accordance with subsection (b) of section 7.27, approval of the plan of domestication requires approval by two-thirds of all the shares entitled generally to vote on the matter by the articles of organization, and in addition two-thirds of the shares in any voting group entitled to vote separately on the matter by this chapter, by the articles, by the bylaws, or by action of the board of directors pursuant to subsection (c) of section 9.21.
(6) Separate voting by voting groups is required by each class or series of shares that:
(i) are to be reclassified under the plan of domestication into other securities, obligations, rights to acquire shares or other securities, cash, other property or any combination of the foregoing;
(ii) would be entitled to vote as a separate group on a provision of the plan that, if contained in a proposed amendment to articles of organization, would require action by separate voting groups under section 10.04; or
(iii) is entitled under the articles of organization to vote as a voting group to approve an amendment of the articles.
(7) If the articles of organization, bylaws or an agreement to which any of the directors or shareholders are parties, adopted or entered into before the effective date of this chapter, contains a provision applying to a merger of the corporation that does not refer to a domestication of the corporation, the provision shall be deemed to apply to a domestication of the corporation until such time as the provision is amended subsequent to that date.