Section 91. The following departments, divisions and agencies are directed to initiate and to pursue continuing studies as to the need, if any, for changes in the laws and regulations administered by them that would arise from the presence within the commonwealth of special nuclear materials and by-product materials, and from the operation herein of production or utilization facilities, and, on the basis of such studies, to make such recommendations for the enactment of laws or amendments to law administered by it, and such proposals for amendments to the regulations issued by it, as may appear necessary and appropriate:
1. The department of public health, particularly as to hazards, if any, to the public health and safety.
2. The department of labor standards, particularly as to hazardous working conditions, if any.
3. The department of industrial accidents, particularly as to the time and character of proof of claims of injuries and the extent of the compensation allowable therefor.
4. The department of highways, particularly as to the transportation of special nuclear materials and by-product materials on highways of the commonwealth.
5. The department of telecommunications and energy, particularly as to the transportation of special nuclear materials and by-product materials by common carriers not in interstate commerce and as to the participation by public utilities subject to its jurisdiction in projects looking to the development of production or utilization facilities for industrial or commercial use.
6. The division of insurance, particularly as to the insurance of persons and property from hazards to life and property resulting from atomic development.
7. The department of environmental management, particularly as to the hazards, if any, to the natural resources of the commonwealth, including wild life.
8. Such other departments, divisions and agencies including departments and agencies of political subdivisions of the commonwealth as the governor may direct and for the purposes specified by him.