Skip to Content
The 192nd General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Section 13: Transfer cards

Section 13. When any child described in section one leaves the school or institution where he is being educated because of change of residence to another town in the commonwealth, the superintendent of schools, in the case of a public school, or otherwise the person in charge, shall furnish such child a transfer card in a form prescribed by the department of education which shall contain, in addition to any other information relative to him, his name, age, grade in school, and in every case possible, his new street and number, and shall forthwith send a duplicate thereof to the superintendent of schools of the town where the child is to reside.