Skip to Content
The 192nd General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Section 17: Time for filing petition when original proceedings quashed

Section 17. If a person petitions for an award or assessment of his damages within the time limited by law, or is a party to such petition by another person, and the petition is quashed, abated or otherwise avoided or defeated for any inaccuracy, irregularity or matter of form, or if, after verdict for such petitioner or other party, the judgment is arrested or reversed on a writ of error, or the proceedings are quashed on certiorari, such petitioner or other party may begin such proceedings anew within one year after such abatement, reversal or other determination.