Section 2: Application for license; filing; supplementary application
[ Text of section effective until July 31, 2017. Repealed by 2011, 194, Sec. 39. See 2011, 194, Sec. 112 as amended by 2014, 165, Sec. 192 and 2016, 176, Sec. 12B.]
[ Introductory paragraph of first paragraph effective until July 31, 2017.]
Section 2. Any person desiring to hold or conduct a horse or dog racing meeting within the commonwealth shall make an application to the Massachusetts gaming commission established in chapter 23K for a license so to do. Such application shall state
[ Introductory paragraph of first paragraph effective July 31, 2017 does not take effect. See 2011, 194, Secs. 39 and 112; 2014, 165, Sec. 192; and 2016, 176, Sec. 12B. See, also, 2001, 139, Sec. 45 as amended by 2005, 176, Sec. 13; 2006, 54, Sec. 12; 2006, 449, Secs. 19 and 21; 2008, 290, Sec. 12; 2009, 167, Sec. 12; 2010, 203, Sec. 12; 2011, 77, Sec. 12; 2011, 194, Sec. 84; 2014, 264, Sec. 11; and 2016, 176, Sec. 11. For text effective until July 31, 2017, see above.]
Any person desiring to hold or conduct a horse or dog racing meeting within the commonwealth shall make an application to the Massachusetts gaming commission established in chapter 23K, hereinafter called the commission, for a license so to do. Such application shall state
(1) The name of the applicant.
(2) The post office address of the applicant, and if a corporation, the name of the state under the laws of which it is incorporated, the location of its principal place of business and the names and addresses of its directors and stockholders.
(3) The location of the race track where it is proposed to hold or conduct such meeting.
(4) The days on which it is intended to hold or conduct such a meeting.
(5) The hours of each day between which it is intended to hold or conduct racing at such meeting, which hours shall be not before ten o'clock ante meridian for horse racing and not before seven o'clock post meridian for dog racing except as provided for in section three, nor later than seven o'clock post meridian for running horse racing nor later than twelve o'clock midnight for harness horse racing and dog racing.
(6) Answers to such other questions as the commission may prescribe, and
(7) That the applicant will comply, in case such license be issued, with all applicable laws and with all applicable rules and regulations prescribed by the commission.
Such application shall be filed with the commission on or before the first day of October of the calendar year preceding the calendar year for which application requests a license to be issued under this chapter; and the commission shall grant or dismiss such application not later than the fifteenth day of November next following; provided, however, that a supplementary application by a licensee for a subsequent license in the calendar year for which a license had theretofore been issued to such licensee and relating to the same premises as were specified in the previously issued license, and supplementary applications by a licensee for additional licenses under section four, may be filed with the commission at any time prior to the expiration of said calendar year for which a license had theretofore been issued to said licensee; and the commission shall grant or dismiss such applications within thirty days of the date of filing. Such applications shall be signed and sworn to, if made by an individual, by such individual; if made by two or more individuals or a partnership, by one of such individuals or by a member of such partnership, as the case may be, if made by a trust, by a trustee of such trust, and, if made by an association or corporation, by the president or vice president thereof. The commission may prescribe forms to be used in making such applications.
With such application there shall be delivered to the commission a certified check or bank draft, payable to the commission, weekly in advance for the full amount of the license fee required by this chapter.