Section 9-502. (a) Sufficiency of financing statement. Subject to subsection (b), a financing statement is sufficient only if it:
(1) provides the name of the debtor;
(2) provides the name of the secured party or a representative of the secured party; and
(3) indicates the collateral covered by the financing statement.
(b) Real-property-related financing statements. Except as otherwise provided in Section 9-501(b), to be sufficient, a financing statement that covers as-extracted collateral or timber to be cut, or which is filed as a fixture filing and covers goods that are or are to become fixtures, must satisfy subsection (a) and also:
(1) indicate that it covers this type of collateral;
(2) indicate that it is to be filed in the real property records;
(3) provide a description of the real property to which the collateral is related sufficient to give constructive notice of a mortgage under the law of this state if the description were contained in a record of the mortgage of the real property; a reference to book and page number, in the case of unregistered land under chapter 36, or to the document number, in the case of registered land governed by chapter 185, by which the record owner acquired title to the real property shall be sufficient for such purpose; and
(4) if the debtor does not have an interest of record in the real property, provide the name of a record owner.
(c) Record of mortgage as financing statement. A record of a mortgage is effective, from the date of recording, as a financing statement filed as a fixture filing or as a financing statement covering as-extracted collateral or timber to be cut only if:
(1) the record indicates the goods or accounts that it covers;
(2) the goods are or are to become fixtures related to the real property described in the record or the collateral is related to the real property described in the record and is as-extracted collateral or timber to be cut;
[ Paragraph (3) of subsection (c) effective until July 1, 2013. For text effective July 1, 2013, see below.]
(3) the record satisfies the requirements for a financing statement in this section other than an indication that it is to be filed in the real property records; and
[ Paragraph (3) of subsection (c) as amended by 2013, 30, Sec. 102 effective July 1, 2013. See 2013, 30, Sec. 117. For text effective until July 1, 2013, see above.]
(3) the record satisfies the requirements for a financing statement in this section, but:
(A) the record need not indicate that it is to be filed in the real property records; and
(B) the record sufficiently provides the name of a debtor who is an individual if it provides the individual name of the debtor or the surname and first personal name of the debtor, even if the debtor is an individual to whom section 9-503(a)(4) applies; and
(4) the record is duly recorded.
(d) Filing before security agreement or attachment. A financing statement may be filed before a security agreement is made or a security interest otherwise attaches.