Section 9-706: When Initial Financing Statement Suffices to Continue Effectiveness of Financing Statement
Section 9-706. (a) Initial financing statement in lieu of continuation statement. The filing of an initial financing statement in the office specified in Section 9-501 continues the effectiveness of a financing statement filed before this act takes effect if:
(1) the filing of an initial financing statement in that office would be effective to perfect a security interest under this act;
(2) the pre-effective-date financing statement was filed in an office in another state or another office in the commonwealth; and
(3) the initial financing statement satisfies subsection (c).
(b) Period of continued effectiveness. The filing of an initial financing statement under subsection (a) continues the effectiveness of the pre-effective-date financing statement:
[Paragraph (1) of subsection (b) applicable as provided by 2013, 30, Sec. 116.]
(1) if the initial financing statement is filed before this act takes effect, for the period provided in Section 9-403 of former Article 9 with respect to a financing statement; and
(2) if the initial financing statement is filed after this act takes effect, for the period provided in Section 9-515 with respect to an initial financing statement.
(c) Requirements for initial financing statement under subsection (a). To be effective for purposes of subsection (a), an initial financing statement must:
(1) satisfy the requirements of Part 5 for an initial financing statement;
(2) identify the pre-effective-date financing statement by indicating the office in which the financing statement was filed and providing the dates of filing and file numbers, if any, of the financing statement and of the most recent continuation statement filed with respect to the financing statement; and
(3) indicate that the pre-effective-date financing statement remains effective.