Section 223. The board shall establish the requirements for licensure as an associate home inspector and shall promulgate such rules and regulations to establish the associate training program and duties and responsibilities of the supervisor and otherwise as may be necessary pursuant to the provisions of this section. Said board shall license as an associate an applicant who has shown to the satisfaction of the board that the applicant:
(1) is of good moral character;
(2) has successfully completed high school or its equivalent;
(3) has successfully completed a board-approved training program;
(4) has performed not less than 25 home inspections in the presence of a licensed home inspector;
(5) has passed a written or electronic competency examination offered or approved by the board;
(6) has an identified supervisor who is a person licensed in good standing in the commonwealth as a home inspector; and
(7) has paid the appropriate fee, which shall be set by the secretary of administration and finance.