Section 60L: Services in practice of architecture; plans and specifications; registered professional engineer; employees; landscape architects; partnership or corporation; non-resident architects
Section 60L. Nothing in sections sixty A to sixty M, inclusive, shall be construed to prevent
1. The preparation of plans and specifications for and the supervision of the construction, enlargement or alteration of
(a) Any building containing less than thirty-five thousand cubic feet of enclosed space, the computation to be made according to rules to be established by the board;
(b) Any single or two-family house or any accessory building thereto;
(c) Any building used for farm purposes;
2. The preparation of plans and specifications for and the supervision of the alteration of any building not involving substantial and major structural change;
3. The preparation of any detailed or shop plans required to be furnished by a contractor, or the administration of construction contracts by persons customarily engaged in contracting work;
4. The employees of a registered architect or persons acting under his direction from carrying out their normal duties in the preparation of plans and specifications or in the administration of construction contracts;
5. A registered professional engineer as defined in section eighty-one D of this chapter from performing, agreeing to perform, or holding himself out as able to perform such services included in the practice of architecture as may be incidental to his engineering work;
6. Officers and employees of the United States of America, while working in the commonwealth, from engaging in the practice of architecture as employees of said United States of America, and officers and employees of the commonwealth or any subdivision thereof from engaging in the practice of architecture as employees of the commonwealth or any subdivision thereof;
7. The practice of landscape architects, city planners and regional planners insofar as their work consists in consultations and preparation of master plans of parks, land areas, sites, organized groups of buildings, or communities, or the preparation of detailed plans and the supervision of planting, grading, paving, and such structural features as fences, steps, walls, pools, garden structures, and minor utilities normally included as a part of their work;
8. A partnership or corporation from entering into agreements to perform or holding itself out as able to perform any of the services involved in the practice of architecture; provided, that any agreement to perform such services shall be executed on behalf of the partnership or corporation by the partner or partners or by the officer or officers who shall be the registered architect or registered architects exercising professional and supervisory control over the particular services contracted for by the partnership or corporation, and provided, further, that any partnership or corporation holding itself out as of January first, nineteen hundred and fifty-seven, as able to perform any of the services involved in the practice of architecture and having a place of business in the commonwealth as of that date, and of which a majority of the partners of such partnership or officers of such corporation are registered architects or registered engineers and of which at least one of such partners or officers is a registered architect, may, until January first, nineteen hundred and seventy-seven, execute any such agreement by any duly authorized partner of such partnership or by any duly authorized officer of such corporation whether such duly authorized partner or officer is, or is not a registered architect or a registered engineer, provided that a registered architect who is such a partner or such an officer shall exercise professional and supervisory control over the particular services contracted for by the partnership or corporation.
9. A non-resident who holds a certificate of registration to practice architecture in the state in which he resides and in addition holds a certificate of qualification issued by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards from agreeing to perform or holding himself out as able to perform any of the professional services involved in the practice of architecture; provided, that he shall not perform any of the professional services involved in the practice of architecture until registered as hereinbefore provided.