Skip to Content
The 191st General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Section 71H: Board; establishment; membership; appointment; terms; compensation; expenses; personnel

Section 71H. There shall be in the division, but not under the control of the commissioner, a recreational tramway board, in this section and sections seventy-one I to seventy-one O, inclusive, called the board, consisting of the commissioner or a member of the division designated by him from time to time, and four persons appointed by the governor for terms of four years, of whom one shall be a person who owns or operates a rope tow, one a person who owns or operates a recreational tramway other than a rope tow, one a representative of ski clubs or other organizations of persons who patronize recreational tramways and one a representative of companies writing liability insurance on recreational tramways. The governor shall from time to time designate one of the appointive members to serve as chairman.

Each appointive member of the board shall receive thirty-one dollars and twenty-five cents for each day or portion thereof spent in the performance of his official duties; provided, that the total sum paid to any such appointive member thereof shall not exceed twelve hundred and fifty dollars in any one year. Each member shall receive from the commonwealth the expenses necessarily incurred by him in the performance of his official duties.

The commissioner shall provide the board with such clerical and other assistance and inspectional personnel as may be necessary to carry out the duties of the board.