Section 14: Cancellation of certificate of organization
Section 14. A certificate of organization shall be cancelled upon the dissolution and the completion of winding up of a limited liability company, or at any other time there are no members, or upon the filing of a certificate of consolidation or merger if the limited liability company is not the resulting or surviving entity in a consolidation or merger. A certificate of cancellation shall be filed in the office of the state secretary to accomplish the cancellation of a certificate of organization upon the dissolution and the completion of winding up of a limited liability company or at any other time there are no members and shall set forth:
(1) the name of the limited liability company;
(2) the date of filing of its certificate of organization;
(3) the reason for filing the certificate of cancellation;
(4) the effective date, which shall be a date certain, of cancellation if it is not to be effective upon the filing of the certificate; and
(5) any other information the person filing the certificate of cancellation determines.