Section 162L. (a) A person applying for a resident insurance producer license shall make application to the commissioner on the uniform application and declare under penalty of refusal, suspension or revocation of the license that the statements made in the application are true, correct and complete to the best of the individual's knowledge and belief. Before approving the application, the commissioner shall find that the individual:?
(1) is at least 18 years of age;
(2) has not committed any act that is a ground for denial, suspension or revocation set forth in section 162R;
(3) when required by the commissioner, has completed a prelicensing course of study for the lines of authority for which the person has applied;
(4) has paid the fees prescribed by section 14; and
(5) has successfully passed the examinations for the lines of authority for which the person has applied.
(b) A business entity acting as an insurance producer is required to obtain an insurance producer license. Application shall be made using the uniform business entity application. Before approving the application, the commissioner shall find that:?
(1) the business entity has paid the fees prescribed by section 14; and
(2) the business entity has designated a licensed producer responsible for the business entity's compliance with the insurance laws, rules and regulations of the commonwealth.
(c) The commissioner may require any documents reasonably necessary to verify the information contained in an application.
(d) Each insurer that sells, solicits or negotiates any form of limited line credit insurance shall provide to each individual whose duties will include selling, soliciting or negotiating limited line credit insurance a program of instruction that may be approved by the commissioner.