Skip to Content
The 192nd General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Section 74A: Gratuities

Section 74A. If either party to a case at the sitting at which a verdict is returned, either before or after the trial, gives to any of the jurors who try the case anything by way of treat or gratuity, the court may, upon motion of the adverse party, set aside the verdict and award a new trial.