Skip to Content
The 192nd General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Section 36: Excess received by mortgagee; recovery

Section 36. If a mortgagee or person claiming or holding under him receives from rents and profits of the land, or upon a tender made to him, or in any other manner, more than is due on the mortgage, and no suit for redemption is brought against him, the mortgagor or other person entitled to such excess may recover it in a civil action.