Section 67A. Whoever, in any matter, relative to procurement of supplies, services or construction, as defined in section one of chapter twelve A, within the jurisdiction of any department, agency or public instrumentality of the commonwealth, or of any political subdivision thereof, intentionally:
(1) makes a material statement that is false;
(2) omits or conceals a material fact in a written statement;
(3) submits or invites reliance on a material writing or recording that is false, forged, altered, or otherwise lacking in authenticity;
(4) submits or invites reliance on a sample, specimen, map, photograph, boundary-mark, or other object that is misleading in a material respect; or
(5) uses any trick, scheme, or device that is misleading in a material respect;
shall be punished by a fine of not more than ten thousand dollars or by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than five years, or in the house of correction for not more than two and one-half years, or both.